Why this policy exists:
This policy ensures that Outerbridge Ltd:
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice;
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners;
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data; and
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website; and
- people who do business with us or register for our service.
The information we collect:
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number; and
- any other information relating to individuals.
How we will use the information about you:
We gather this information to allow us to provide the services requested and to respond to any query which you might raise with us. The relevant information is used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. So each marketing email which we send to you will contain an easy link to unsubscribe from future communications.
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies:
How we protect your information:
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: firewalls, browser certification technology, encryption, limited access and use of passwords. When data is stored on paper, it should be kept in a secure place where unauthorised people cannot see it. These guidelines also apply to data that is usually stored electronically but has been printed out for some reason.
- When not required, the paper or files should be kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet;
- Employees should make sure paper and printouts are not left where unauthorised people could see them; and
- Data printouts should be shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required. When data is stored electronically, it must be protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts.
- Data should be protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly and never shared;
- If data is stored on removable media (like a CD, USB or DVD), these should be kept locked away securely when not being used;
- Data should only be stored on designated drives and servers, and should only be uploaded to approved cloud computing services;
- All data should be backed up frequently and backups should be tested regularly;
- Data should not be saved directly to personal devices; and
- Servers and computers containing data should be protected by approved security software and a firewall.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet. Access to your information and updating and correcting your information: You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to Penny Jones, 3 The Crescent, Daracombe Park, Mile End Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 1RW. We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Outerbridge Ltd changes (for example if you change your email address or name), please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Penny Jones, 3 The Crescent, Daracombe Park, Mile End Road, Newton Abbot, Devon , TQ12 1RW. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
How to contact Outerbridge Ltd:
Links to other websites: