Vinifera Wine Club
The Vinifera website, Vinifera Wine Club helps people to discover new wines. As well as offering exclusive wines for sale online, they organise wine tastings & events, wine trips and wine-themed holidays. Members of the club enjoy privileged access to special events and discounts.
The Vinifera website was in need of ongoing improvements to reflect ongoing changes within the business. They were looking for a partner they could work with on a monthly basis. The costs of incremental changes to the Vinifera website were beginning to add up. Also, they were looking for regular guaranteed help whenever they needed it.
Any website needs regular attention. However, when functionality is dependent upon multiple plugins working together it is imperative to keep everything up to date. You need to make amendments when plugins become out-of-date or unsupported. Or even when they just no longer do what you want them to.
In addition, Vinifera were keen to invest in their website to provide greater reliability and uptime. They wanted us to handle things like backups, broken links, plugin updates and WordPress updates for them. They were looking for a one-stop-shop for their internet needs. In short, someone who would keep an eye on their website for them when they were too busy running the business. In fact, a trusted business advisor.
We suggested one of our premium WordPress website support packages. This provides a premium suite of services designed to make the most of a WordPress website. This combines super-fast, reliable hosting with guaranteed regular website development time each month. At first, the development time was used to bring the site up to date and convert the site to our minimum requirements for hosting. Later on, we made significant changes to the layout and functionality of the site. We also configured the WooCommerce aspects to work so that the online shop was functioning.
- We worked with Vinifera to compile a list of planned changes required for the website and agreed a schedule to tackle these in order of importance to the business
- Via a series of meetings, we got to know the business, how it works and its aims and objectives. This helps us to provide a bespoke service that takes into account the particular requirements of the business and keeps the customer experience at the forefront of the website’s development
- We helped Vinifera to prioritise their website improvements so that the most important things were tackled first and showstoppers are addressed as a priority
- We ran our own project plan and kept them updated with progress via regular meetings and a monthly written report, so they don’t have to chase us or monitor progress themselves
- The website uses our own super-fast, reliable hosting so that there are no conflicts of interest between the web developer and the hosting company